We are currently editing 11,921 articles since 5 July, 2005. Looking for another language?
- 30 July - 2 August, 2015: GeekyCon (formerly known as LeakyCon) will be held in Orlando, Florida.
- 28 October, 2014: Harry Potter: The Creature Vault, a behind-the-scenes look at the magical animal and plant designs from the films, will be published.
- 14 October, 2014: The Making of Harry Potter adds a new Dark Arts feature to the tour.
- 26 September, 2014: The sixth Pottermore House Cup is awarded to Ravenclaw.
- ...that Rubeus Hagrid was 62 in Harry Potter's first year at Hogwarts?
- ...that Albus Dumbledore's favourite kind of jam is raspberry?
- ...Peeves's hat with bells was custom-made in 1876 by Madame Bonhabille of Paris by request of Headmistress Eupraxia Mole, who was trying to compensate the Poltergeist after the caretaker of the day tried to get rid of him?
- ...that when Severus Snape substituted for Remus Lupin in Harry's third year Defence Against the Dark Arts class, he said that Kappas are from Mongolia when they are actually from Japan?
- ...that there are one hundred forty-two staircases in Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?
- Warner Bros.
- Bloomsbury.com (International publisher)
- Scholastic.com (US publisher)
- Raincoast.com (Canadian publisher)
- Pottermore Wiki
- Harry Potter Answers Wiki
- Harry Potter Fanfiction Wiki
- Harry Potter Fanon Wiki
- The Potter Dictionary Wiki
- Dumbledore's Army Role-Play Wiki
- LEGO Harry Potter Wiki
- AVPM Wiki
- The J K Rowling Adult Fiction Wiki
- 1981: Rubeus Hagrid rescues baby Harry Potter from the ruins of the Potter Cottage, after the murder of James and Lily Potter. Albus Dumbledore, Minerva McGonagall and Rubeus Hagrid leave Harry on the Dursleys' doorstep. All over Britain, celebrations of the end of the War result in a night of large-scale breaches of the International Statute of Wizarding Secrecy, which Minister for Magic Millicent Bagnold famously went on to defend with the words "I assert our inalienable right to party". Sirius Black confronts Peter Pettigrew on the betrayal of James and Lily Potter, but Pettigrew escapes after blowing up the street they were on, killing twelve Muggles. Pettigrew goes into hiding in his Animagus form of a rat. Black is arrested shortly after and convicted, without a trial, for killing Pettigrew and for committing Pettigrew's crimes.
- 1993: At three a.m. the staff ends searching Hogwarts Castle for any sign of Sirius Black.
- 1994: Harry Potter writes to Sirius Black about the Goblet of Fire selecting him as a fourth Triwizard Champion, using one of the school's owls.
No quote of the week! Submit one below.
I wish there had been a way to revive those who had died during the battle of Hogwarts, namely Fred Weasley, Lavender Brown, Colin Creevely, Tonks, and Lupin......Read more >
Read more >
We asked you a while back to submit questions to the cast and crew of "Mudbloods," the documentary about real life Quidditch, and the Potterheads were true to the end! Now, the film director Farzad …