He led the charge of the centaurs from the Forbidden Forest during the Battle of Hogwarts, breaking through the Death Eater ranks into the Hall. It is likely that he witnessed the final battle between Lord Voldemort and Harry Potter.In 1996, when Harry Potter and Hermione Granger led Professor Umbridge into the Forbidden Forest, he was among the centaurs who were greatly insulted by Umbridge's remarks about their race being "filthy half-breeds". During this event, known as the Skirmish in the Forbidden Forest, Umbridge ended up casting the Incarcerous spell on Magorian, which caused thick ropes to bind and strangle the centaur, who luckily was able to free himself. The centaurs then carried Umbridge away, and Magorian was one of the centaurs in favour of a similar fate for Harry and Hermione.
Views on Humankind
He was more of a traditional centaur and hated "traitors" such as Firenze for going to teach at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He intensely disliked humans, however, centaurs don't usually kill the young and the innocent and during the period where the centaurs had turned against Hagrid he allowed Hagrid to pass unscathed solely due to him being accompanied by their young. He was shown to be in favour of killing any human if they wandered into the centaurs' midst and insulted them.
- The name "Magorian" means "son of Magor", an Armenian form of MARK.
Behind the scenes
- Magorian was played by Michael Wildman in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Appears as a generic Centaur)
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault