A Magizoologist is a person who studies magical creatures (a field known as magizoology), they may possibly also be referred to as wizarding naturalists. It is likely that one must get good grades in Care of Magical Creatures and Herbology to meet the qualifications for this career. Magizoologists who specialise in the study of dragons are referred to as dragonologists.
- Newt Scamander - author of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, an authority in Magizoology.
- Rolf Scamander - Newt's grandson, referred to as a wizarding naturalist.
- Luna Scamander née Lovegood - referred to as a wizarding naturalist.
- Gondoline Oliphant - specialised in trolls.
- Quong Po - dragonologist, specialised in the Chinese Fireball breed.
- Gulliver Pokeby - expert on magical birds and author of Why I Didn't Die When the Augurey Cried.
- Harvey Ridgebit - dragonologist, established the dragon sanctuary in Romania.
- Havelock Sweeting - specialised in unicorns.
- Charlie Weasley - dragonologist at the Romanian Dragon Sanctuary.
- Lord Stoddard Withers - specialised in winged horses.
- Edwardus Lima - author of The Monster Book of Monsters