Magical Theory is a book available at the Hogwarts Library. Flourish and Blotts bookstore has this book for sale. Hermione Granger owns this book and it is usually stored in her school trunk. It was written by Adalbert Waffling. A copy of this book costs two Galleons at Flourish and Blotts. Magical Theory is required Hogwarts textbook for first year at Hogwarts.
During the 1991-1992 school year, a Gryffindor student lost their copy of Magical Theory on the Hogwarts grounds and posted a notice requesting its return on the Gryffindor pasteboard. Harry Potter found this book near Hagrid's Hut and returned it to the student, receiving a Chocolate Frog Card depicting Mopsus for his trouble.
Behind the scenes
- In the first film, the book´s cover is red. In the video game, it is greenish yellow. In Pottermore, it is blueish-grey.
- At Durmstrang Institute Магичен Теория is a required textbook. Магичен Теория is the Bulgarian translation of Magical Theory. Durmstrang students could be seen carrying this book during the Triwizard Tournament in the 1994–1995 school year.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (PS2 version)