Magical Theory written by Adalbert Waffling is a required textboox for first year at Hogwarts. It is available at the Hogwarts Library, or for sale at Flourish and Blotts bookstore for two Galleons. Hermione Granger owns it, usually storing in her school trunk.
During the 1991-1992 school year, a Gryffindor student lost her/his copy of Magical Theory on the Hogwarts grounds and posted a notice requesting its return on the Gryffindor pasteboard. Harry Potter found it near Hagrid's Hut and returned it to the student, receiving a Chocolate Frog Card depicting Mopsus for his trouble.
Behind the scenes
- In the first film, the book´s cover is red. In the video game, it is greenish yellow. In Pottermore, it is blueish-grey.
- At Durmstrang Institute Магичен Теория is a required textbook. Магичен Теория is the Bulgarian translation of Magical Theory. Durmstrang students could be seen carrying this book during the Triwizard Tournament in the 1994–1995 school year.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (PS2 version)