- "Gilderoy Lockhart’s autobiography, containing highlights from a life dedicated to the eradication of the Dark Forces."
In 1992, when Harry Potter went to Flourish and Blotts with the Weasleys, Gilderoy Lockhart was there signing copies of the book. When he spotted Harry Potter in the crowd, he gave Harry his whole collection of books, including Magical Me, free of charge. Harry, in turn, gave them to Ginny Weasley, due to his resentment at such a publicity stunt, and because Ginny could probably not afford them. At the time of Harry's visit to Flourish and Blotts, Magical Me was in its 27th week atop the Daily Prophet best-seller list.
Later that year, when Lockhart was a Professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, he gave his second year class a quiz that was largely regarding its contents. He later offered a signed copy of this book to the student who composed the best poem about his defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf (as a homework assignment).
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter