Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lycoris Black (1904 – 1965) was a pure-blood witch, the middle child of Sirius Black II and his wife Hesper Gamp and sister of Arcturus Black III and Regulus. Lycoris never married and never had children.
Behind the scenes
- Based on a statement by Horace Slughorn that all members of the Black family were in his house, Lycoris may have been a member of the Slytherin House. However, she attended Hogwarts c. 1915 - 1922, when Slughorn may not have been Potions master.
- Lycoris, on the family tapestry in the film adaption of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, is depicted like a man rather than a woman.
- It can also be noted that Lycoris’ name is similar to her distant relative Licorus Black who appears only on the version of the Black family tree tapestry shown in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
Lycoris means "twilight" in Greek. This name does not fit into Black family tradition of naming people by stars. It is also a genus of flowering plants in the Amaryllis family that is associated with death and reincarnation in Chinese and Japanese folklore; another member of family with a name of flower is Narcissa Malfoy. Ovid and Virgil also mention a mistress of Mark Antony called Lycoris. It is also possible that this name was derived from the plant and sweet liquorice. The name is also similar to that of Lycorias, a Nereid (sea nymph) of Greek mythology.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)