Lupin is the surname of a wizarding family, though they have Muggle as well as magical heritage. They are related to the Tonks family, and thus distantly to the Black, Malfoy and Potter families. The Lupins supported the Order of the Phoenix during the First and Second Wizarding Wars. Members include Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Lupin, Ted Lupin, and Remus' parents, Mr. and Mrs. Lupin.
- Mr. Lupin: father of Remus Lupin who once offended the werewolf Fenrir Greyback.
- Mrs. Lupin: mother of Remus Lupin.
- Remus Lupin: a werewolf and member of the Order of the Phoenix
- Nymphadora Lupin née Tonks: wife of Remus, Metamorphmagus, and member of the Order of the Phoenix
- Teddy Lupin: orphaned son of Remus and Nymphadora Lupin, also a Metamorphmagus Currently in a relationship with Victoire Weasley.
Lupin is derived from the Latin word lupus, meaning "wolf". Lupin or lupine is also the name of a flower, and the latter is an English adjective meaning "wolflike". This alludes to the lycanthropy in the family.