BiographyAccording to her daughter, Mrs. Lovegood was an extraordinary witch who liked to experiment with spells. One day in 1990, one of these experiments went wrong, killing her in front of Luna (and possibly her father), who was subsequently able to see Thestrals. Luna told Harry Potter that she continued to feel sad about her mother's death from time to time and believed that she would see her again after death.
Luna had a picture of her and her mother hugging in her room at home. In the picture, she was described as looking very much like her daughter. Many years after her death, Mrs. Lovegood would gain grandchildren in Lorcan and Lysander Scamander, the sons of Luna and Rolf Scamander.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Appears in photographs)
Notes and references
- ↑ "In Ch. 4 of Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince, Horace Slughorn states that family members are often Sorted into the same House. This may indicate that Mrs Lovegood was Sorted into Ravenclaw, as Luna was Sorted into Ravenclaw. However, there are exceptions.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows