|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
The lion hat is a hat that was created by Luna Lovegood. It had the appearance of an ordinary pointed hat topped with a fake stuffed lion head. She wore it to show her support for the Gryffindor Quidditch team whenever they played against the Slytherin Quidditch team. When she tapped the hat with her wand, it let out an extremely realistic roar.
One of Luna's many eccentricities, it is presumed to be well-known throughout Hogwarts School, as Harry once referred to it as being Luna's "famous lion-topped hat" as he heard it from the Hogwarts Quidditch Pitch.
Behind the scenes
- Actress Evanna Lynch, who portrays Luna Lovegood, drew a concept drawing for the designers while they were creating Luna's hat. She said she "wanted it to look like it was eating her head".
- In the books, the hat is an ordinary pointed hat topped with a fake stuffed lion head. In the film, the hat is shaped like a real lion's head and has the appearance of Luna having her head in its mouth.
- The hat is Evanna Lynch's favourite prop from the series.
- In 1996, Harry Potter decided to follow Draco Malfoy, rather than go to the Quidditch match, he noted he could faintly hear the roar from Luna's Lion hat in the distance.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault