Produces bright light
Lumos Maxima is the incantation to a charm that can be used to produce a blinding flash of bright white light from the tip of the wand. This light can be thrown far off of the wand, illuminating the surrounding area for several minutes after its initial casting before darkening once more.
To cast it, one must flick their wand, then draw it back and flick it a second time, after which it will light, as noted in chapter thirty-two of Extreme Incantations by Violeta Stitch. The spellbook also included a diagram depicting the proper casting of this spell.
At the end of the 1992-1993 school year, Professor Filius Flitwick assigned his second year Charms students this charm to practise in the summer before their third year. He allowed them to use Extreme Incantations to learn it and to help them.
- Albus Dumbledore
- Filius Flitwick
- Harry Potter
- Violeta Stitch
- All other second year students
Behind the scenes
- "Lumos Maxima" was used to introduce The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to fans by illuminating Hogwarts Castle.
- This spell was created for the third film and does not make an appearance in any of the novels.
- This is the greatest variation of the Wand-Lighting Charm.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- Harry Potter for Kinect
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter