Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Lumos Maxima is the incantation to a charm that can be used to produce a blinding flash of bright white light from the tip of the wand. This light can be thrown far off of the wand, illuminating the surrounding area for several minutes after its initial casting before darkening once more.
To cast it, one must flick their wand, then draw it back and flick it a second time, after which it will light, as noted in chapter thirty-two of Extreme Incantations by Violeta Stitch. The spellbook also included a diagram depicting the proper casting of this spell.
At the end of the 1992-1993 school year, Professor Filius Flitwick assigned his second year Charms students this charm to practise in the summer before their third year. He allowed them to use Extreme Incantations to learn it and to help them.
- Albus Dumbledore
- Filius Flitwick
- Harry Potter
- Violeta Stitch
- All other second year students
- Newt Scamander
Behind the scenes
- "Lumos Maxima" was used to introduce The Wizarding World of Harry Potter to fans by illuminating Hogwarts Castle.
- This spell was created for the third film and does not make an appearance in any of the novels.
- This is the greatest variation of the Wand-Lighting Charm.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game)
- Harry Potter for Kinect
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film)
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) - Scene 1 (Under Covers Prologue)
- ↑ This is how the wand movement is described in Extreme Incantations, chapter thirty-two.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Announcement Trailer