Louis Weasley was the youngest child, and only son, of Bill Weasley and Fleur Weasley (née Delacour). He has two elder sisters, Victoire and Dominique Weasley. It is possible that he lives at Shell cottage.
Behind the scenes
- Louis is the only known male with Veela blood. Whether he has any characteristics of a Veela is unknown.
- It is possible Louis lived at Shell Cottage with his family.
- JK Rowling's great-grandfather was also named Louis. It's unknown whether Louis Weasley is named in honour of him, though.
The name "Louis" is the French form of Ludovicus, the Latinised form of Ludwig. This was the name of eighteen kings of France, starting with Louis I, the son of Charlemagne, and including Louis IX (Saint Louis), who led two crusades, and Louis XIV (the 'Sun King'), who was the ruler of France during the height of its power, the builder of the Palace of Versailles, and the longest reigning monarch in the history of Europe.
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Although it has never been confirmed that Septimus and Cedrella are Arthur's parents, this can be inferred based on Sirius Black's statement in Ch. 6 of Order of the Phoenix that Arthur was "something like [his] second cousin once removed." The Black family tree establishes Cedrella as a first cousin once removed of both Orion and Walburga Black, Sirius's parents. Thus, any children she had would be their second cousins, and second cousins once removed of their sons Sirius and Regulus. Also, almost all of Sirius's relatives can be seen on the Black family tree as both his parents were born into the House of Black, making it unlikely that he could be related to Arthur in a way not shown. See also this talk page and an HPL essay for more information.
- ↑ Times Online - The Unwritten Story of Harry's Friends and Their Children