This road was lonely and winding. It already existed in the thirteenth century. It had a river that was too treacherous to pass.
The Tale of the Three Brothers
- "There were once three brothers who were travelling along a lonely, winding road at twilight. In time, the brothers reached a river too deep to wade through and too dangerous to swim across. However, these brothers were learned in the magical arts, and so they simply waved their wands and made a bridge appear across the treacherous water. They were halfway across it when they found their path blocked by a hooded figure."
- —Beedle the Bard, The Tale of the Three Brothers[src]
In the history The Tale of the Three Brothers by Beedle the Bard, three brothers named Ignotus, Antioch and Cadmus Peverell travelled down at this road when they had to cross a bridge that they made. Death stood on this bridge.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game) (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard (Mentioned only)