|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is a real-life person, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
Greater London area
- "Four stops, Harry... three stops left now... two stops to go, Harry..."
- —Arthur Weasley on the London Underground.[src]
The London Underground is a rapid transit rail system in England that serves the Greater London area as well as several neighbouring regions.
On 1 August, 1991, Harry Potter and Rubeus Hagrid took a train to London to visit Diagon Alley and purchase Harry's school supplies. Hagrid got stuck in a ticket barrier on the Underground, and complained about how the seats were too small.
On 12 August, 1995, Harry rode with Arthur Weasley on the Underground to get to to the Ministry of Magic for his disciplinary hearing. Arthur was very excited about the Muggle technology such as the escalators and the automatic ticket machines, even though they were out of order.
In December of the same year, Harry again rode a train on the Underground, along with Moody, Tonks, Hermione, and the Weasleys, to visit Mr. Weasley at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Appears in deleted scene(s))
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)