- "...'Locomotor trunk.' Harry's trunk rose a few inches into the air. Holding her wand like a conductor's baton, Tonks made the trunk hover across the room and out the door ahead of them..."
- —Tonks's use on Harry's trunk[src]
To use this charm, you must first say the incantation, and then whatever it is that you are trying to move, for example, "Locomotor Trunk".
- Fred and George Weasley used this charm to move school trunks several times, knocking Ginny down the stairs at one point.
- Nymphadora Tonks also used this spell in 1995 to take Harry's belongings downstairs in 4 Privet Drive while assisting in Harry's rescue, as a member of the Advance Guard.
- Filius Flitwick used Locomotor trunks to move Sybill Trelawney's belongings back up the main staircase, back to her lodgings in Hogwarts, following High Inquisitor Dolores Umbridge's attempt to sack Professor Trelawney.
- Variations of the spell can also be used in combat: for example, Minerva McGonagall used Piertotum Locomotor to animate statues and suits of armour, sending them into the Battle of Hogwarts.
- This may be the spell which moves the Hogwarts boats when carrying First year students to the castle. Likewise, Rubeus Hagrid may have used it on the boat that he and Harry used to leave the Hut-On-the-Rock
- This may be the spell that Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil used to race their pencil cases before the O.W.L.s.
"Loco" is Latin for "place". "Moto" is Latin for "to move".
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (As Piertotum Locomotor)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (As Piertotum Locomotor)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game) (As Piertotum Locomotor)