Moves an object
- "...and Parvati and Lavender, who were practicing basic Locomotion Charms, were making their pencil-cases race each other around the edge of the table."
- First year students may be required to cast the spell to make a pineapple dance in their exams; it was, after all, described as a basic spell.
- Fred and George Weasley used this charm to move their school trunks several times, knocking their sister Ginny down the stairs at one point.
- Nymphadora Tonks used it to move Harry's belongings down the stairs at 4 Privet Drive whilst assisting in Harry's rescue as a member of the Advance Guard.
- Filius Flitwick used it to move Sybill Trelawney's belongings back to her lodgings at Hogwarts Castle.
- He later taught the spell to his students; Parvati Patil and Lavender Brown practised it before their O.W.Ls
Loco is Latin for "place"; moto is Latin for "to move".
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (As Piertotum Locomotor)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (As Piertotum Locomotor)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (video game) (As Piertotum Locomotor)
|Professors: Filius Flitwick|
|Textbooks: The Standard Book of Spells · Achievements in Charming · Quintessence: A Quest|
|Charmbook writers and charm developers: Miranda Goshawk · Scarpin · Felix Summerbee · Randolph Keitch · Basil Horton · Mnemone Radford · Elliot Smethwyck · Jarleth Hobart · Delfina Crimp · Orabella Nuttley · Levina Monkstanley · Fred Weasley · George Weasley|
|Charms studied at Hogwarts: Levitation Charm · Fire-Making Charm · Softening Charm · Skurge · Aresto Momentum · Cheering Charm · Freezing Spell · Seize and Pull Charm · Summoning Charm · Banishing Charm · Silencing Charm · Mending Charm · Reductor Curse · Colour Change Charm · Growth Charm · Water-Making Spell · Locomotion Charm · Vinegar into Wine · Bird-Conjuring Charm|