A liver is an organ in most organisms that produces chemicals necessary for digestion. Livers of animals are commonly eaten by humans.
Rubeus Hagrid had his fourth year Care of Magical Creatures students feed frog livers to the newly hatched Blast-Ended Skrewts. He later moved on to having the students prepare dragon livers for them.
According to a healer at St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries, tying a toad liver to one's throat was part of the cure for Spattergroit.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 5 (Diagon Alley)
- ↑ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Chapter 6 (The Journey from Platform Nine and Three-Quarters)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 4 (The Leaky Cauldron)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 13 (Mad-Eye Moody)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Chapter 22 (The Unexpected Task)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 23 (Christmas on the Closed Ward)