On 1 September, 1991, Harry Potter bought every sweet available from the food trolley on the Hogwarts Express, including some Liquorice Wands, as he had never had wizarding sweets before and wanted to try everything he could.
In 1995, "Liquorice wand" was one of several password guesses Harry Potter made when he wanted to gain entrance to the Headmaster's office, so that he could tell Albus Dumbledore about a vision he had involving Lord Voldemort.
On 1 September, 1996, Horace Slughorn invited several students to his compartment on the Hogwarts Express, in order to find new members for the Slug Club. He told his guests that he had brought his own lunch, as he recalled the trolley being "heavy on Liquorice Wands," and felt that such things would not sit well with "a poor old man's digestive system."
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)