Wizarding family of unknown degree
|Notable family members|
Lima is the surname of a wizarding family. It is unknown if they are pure-blood, or have both Muggle and magical heritage. Their name suggests they are from some Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking country.
Known family members
- E. Lima — a wizarding duellist
- Eduardo Lima — a wizard whom the Ministry of Magic kept tabs on during the Death Eater regime
- Eduardo Lima Filho — a Ministry of Magic employee
- Eduardus Lima — a reporter for the Daily Prophet
- Edwardus Lima — author of The Monster Book of Monsters
- Mina Lima — a witch mentioned in an issue of the Quibbler
Lima is a Portuguese habitational surname for a person who lives along the Limia River (called Lima in Portuguese), which runs through Spain into Portugal, and was believed by the ancient Romans to be the mythical Lethe. As a Spanish surname, Lima is of uncertain origin, but may derive from lima, "file."
Lima is also the capital city of Peru. Its name derives from limaq ("talker" in coastal Quechua), an oracle that was located in the city's area from some point before the 15th century, and was eventually destroyed by the Spanish.
Behind the scenes
- Each member of the family is a separated reference to the two graphic designers who worked on the Harry Potter film series and their company. Most of them refer to Eduardo Lima, who worked in every Harry Potter film since Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. The other designer is Miraphora Mina, who worked in all films including the two first. Their company is called MinaLima Design.