|Lily Evans's wand|
- "It seems only yesterday she was in here herself, buying her first wand. Ten and a quarter inches long, swishy, made of willow. Nice wand for charm work."
- —Mr. Ollivander[src]
This wand was purchased at Ollivanders Wand Shop by Lily before she began her education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1971.
Lily used this wand through out her Hogwarts career and proved to have an "instinctual" talent for potion-making.
On the night of 31 October, 1981, Lily didn't have her wand on her when Lord Voldemort came to murder her son, it is unknown where it was, so therefore she could not defend herself and was murdered trying to protect Harry. It's unknown what happened to the wand after the death of its owner, but it's possible it was buried with her in Godric's Hallow cemetery.
Behind the scenes
- The willow tree symbolises psychic abilities, love, deep emotions, intuition, and dreaming. Likewise, the wand wood could reflect Lily's character, in particular her deep love of Harry, her son.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (First appearance)