Lily purchased her wand at Ollivanders Wand Shop before she began her education at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1971. She used this wand through out her Hogwarts career and proved to have an "instinctual" talent for potion-making.
On the night of 31 October, 1981, Lily did not have her wand on her when Lord Voldemort came to murder her son; it is unknown where it was, so therefore she could not defend herself and was murdered trying to protect Harry. It is unknown what happened to the wand after the death of its owner, but it is possible it was buried with her in the Godric's Hallow cemetery.
Behind the scenes
- The willow tree symbolises psychic abilities, love, deep emotions, intuition, and dreaming. Likewise, the wand wood could reflect Lily's character, in particular her deep love of Harry, her son.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (First appearance)