Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Some content in this article is derived from information featured in Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, and, as such, spoilers will be present.
|"There are plenty of eye-witness accounts. Just because you're so narrow-minded you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you–"
This article contains of a list of appearances, but currently has few or no notes and references. Please help the Harry Potter Wiki by adding notes and/or references to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
The Hogwarts librarian has many duties, including:
- Monitoring the Library.
- Prepare and manage the library budgets.
- Keep the library organised, clean and neat.
- Classify and catalogue library books in order to properly making them ready for checkout, and to assist students and staff members in finding the desired reading material.
- Helping students in academical research by assisting them in identifying, locating and interpret information.
- Check the authenticity of written permissions from the faculty before students can enter the Restricted Section.
- Maintain circulation files, statistics, inventories and records of which books are in the library at any given time and where in the library they can be found.
- Establish, implement and enforce general library rules and regulations which reflects the educational aims and objectives of the whole school.
- Keeping track of which books have been lent out and by whom, and ensure that the deadline given to the students for the return of a library book is followed.
- Select, purchase and catalogue new materials for the library and assure a balanced collection which offers diverse points of view on magical studies to ensure learning efficiency.
- Work with teaching staff to take a strategic approach to cultivating a love of reading in students.
- Making sure all students have left the library by 8:00 pm, at which time the library closes.
- Oversee the Study Hall.
- To undertake any other reasonable duty at the request of the Headmaster/Headmistress of Hogwarts.
Known Hogwarts librarians
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (GBC and GBA versions only)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (GBC and PS2 versions only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Appears in alternate reality)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (play) (Appears in alternate reality)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game