Jerk wand upwards
- "...he jerked his wand upwards; Snape fell into a crumpled heap on the ground."
- —Potter casts this spell on Snape in their youth.[src]
- James Potter cast this to reverse the Levicorpus jinx he'd cast on Snape earlier, due to Lily's request for him to do so.
- His son, Harry Potter, used the spell in 1996 to counteract the Levicorpus spell he inadvertently cast on Ron Weasley.
- Harry used the spell again in 1998 to counteract the Levicorpus spell Hermione Granger cast on him once he took hold of the Hufflepuff's Cup during the trio's Gringott's raid.
Liberacorpus name comes from the Latin words liberare, "to free," and corpus, "body."
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First identified as Liberacorpus)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows