- In June 1976 James Potter cast this to reverse the Levicorpus jinx he'd cast on Snape earlier, due to Lily's request for him to do so.
- His son, Harry Potter, used the spell in 1996 to counteract the Levicorpus spell he inadvertently cast on Ron Weasley.
- Harry used the spell again in 1998 to counteract the Levicorpus spell Hermione Granger cast on him once he took hold of the Hufflepuff's Cup during the trio's Gringott's raid.
Behind the scenes
- It is unknown when Severus Snape invented this and many of his other spells as according to Sirius Black "he knew more curses when he arrived at school than half the kids in seventh year."
Liberacorpus name comes from the Latin words liberare, "to free," and corpus, "body."
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First identified as Liberacorpus)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 12 (Silver and Opals) - "Harry had already attempted a few of the Prince’s self-invented spells."
- ↑ Pottermore - All about... Severus Snape
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 27 (Padfoot Returns)