At least some content in this article is derived from information featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film). As such, spoilers will be present within the article.
Among his many published works are Advanced Potion-Making, Asiatic Anti-Venoms and Have Yourself a Fiesta in a Bottle! — the first and second of which are used at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as a textbook for N.E.W.T.-level classes, and as a reference text for O.W.L.-level classes, respectively.
Despite Borage's accomplishments, Hogwarts Potions Master Severus Snape seemed to be more adept at potion-making than even him, adding many footnotes to his own copy edition of Borage's book, significantly improving it.
Libatius Borage's name probably derived from libation, a ritual offering of drink to the gods, and Borage, an edible herb believed to bestow excitement and courage in the hearts of those who consumed it.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Name appears on book)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (film) (Mentioned on a newspaper)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ In 1926, The New York Ghost ran an article on the reprinting of Have Yourself a Fiesta in a Bottle! so he was likely of age by this time.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Castelobruxo" at Pottermore
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Chapter 9 (The Half-Blood Prince)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 16 (In The Hog's Head)