Among his many published works are Advanced Potion-Making, Asiatic Anti-Venoms and Have Yourself a Fiesta in a Bottle! — the first and second of which are used at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as a textbook for N.E.W.T.-level classes, and as a reference text for O.W.L.-level classes, respectively.
Despite Borage's accomplishments, Hogwarts Potions Master Severus Snape seemed to be more adept at potion-making than even him, adding many footnotes to his own copy edition of Borage's book, significantly improving it.
Libatius Borage's name probably derived from libation, a ritual offering of drink to the gods, and Borage, an edible herb believed to bestow excitement and courage in the hearts of those who consumed it.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film) (Name appears on book)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ According to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 16 (A Very Frosty Christmas); this is the approximate date of publication of Advanced Potion-Making.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Based on attendance of Castelobruxo, per Pottermore.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Pottermore - Writing by J.K. Rowling: "Castelobruxo"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 9 (The Half-Blood Prince)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Chapter 16 (In the Hog's Head)