Tap the target
Makes objects levitate
- "The "Levitation" spell is one of the earliest recorded spells of the wizarding world, with its origins in ancient England."
The Levitation Spell is one of the earliest recorded spells of the wizarding world, having been created in Ancient England.
Behind the scenes
- The Levitation Charm (Wingardium Leviosa) and Alarte Ascendare may be variations of this spell.
- This spell differs from the Levitation Charm, in that one cannot control the object's movement through the air, and Alarte Ascendare, in that the object actually levitates (as opposed to being thrown in the air).
- The effects of this spell are curiously similar to those of the Hover Charm, and it is possible that the two are related and may even be the same.
- Harry Potter Official Site