- "Experienced witches and wizards most often use the "Leg Locking" spell during Wizard duels or friendly wizard races."
The Leg-Locker Curse (also known as the Leg Locking Spell) is a spell that causes the victim's legs to lock together. It is first used by Draco Malfoy in 1992 when he cast it on Neville Longbottom, with the excuse that he had been looking for someone to test it on. Everyone laughed at him, except for Hermione Granger, who leapt up and performed the counter-curse for the spell. Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley later prepared to use it during Harry Potter's second Quidditch match, in the event that they felt that Severus Snape was acting to harm Harry. The incantation is "Locomotor Mortis".
Locomotor, meaning mobilise, and the Latin "mortis", meaning death; taken together it reads "death (termination) of motion".
Behind the scenes
- In the video-games, if Harry is caught out of bed, the Prefects use this on him, and a number of points is taken from Gryffindor.
- It can be bought at Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment in Diagon Alley in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4. Although, in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, this curse appears to bind the victim's legs with ropes, much like the effects of Incarcerous.
- In the video game of Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire, an unknown Death Eater uses this spell at the Quidditch World Cup
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Mentioned only) (Deleted Scene)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (video game) (Mentioned in reward from Room of Rewards)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
- Harry Potter Official Site
Note and references
|Spells included in the book: Full Body-Bind Curse · Leg-Locker Curse · Jelly-Legs Curse · Pimple Jinx · Stickfast Hex · Tickling Hex · Tongue-Tying Curse · Hair Loss Curse|