|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is a real-life person, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
- "Feeling oddly as though his legs had turned to lead, Harry got into line behind a boy with sandy hair, with Ron behind him, and they walked out of the chamber, back across the hall, and through a pair of double doors into the Great Hall."
Lead (chemical symbol Pb) is a chemical element; a soft, malleable heavy metal. Lead has a bluish-white colour after being freshly cut, but it soon tarnishes to a dull grayish colour when exposed to air.
Just prior to his sorting on 1 September, 1991, Harry Potter's legs felt like lead because of the nerves, just as he was stepping into the Great Hall for the first time. After the ceremony and the feast, Harry's legs were noted to have felt as if they were made of lead once again, although this was only because he was very tired and full of food. On the day of the Gryffindor v. Slytherin Quidditch match in 1992, the sky was noted to resemble the colour of lead. After being knocked unconscious by Dementors in 1994, Harry Potter woke up in the hospital wing, his limbs feeling as heavy as lead. As Harry Potter was waiting for Sirius Black's reply owl in the summer of 1994, he felt a leaden feeling in his stomach, as he gazed at the owl-free sky at The Burrow. When Harry asked Cho Chang to the Yule Ball in late 1994, but was turned down, he felt as though his insides had been filled with lead. Shortly after the Battle of the Astronomy Tower, Harry helped Rubeus Hagrid extinguish the fire that blazed in his cabin, his arm feeling like lead.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ "Lead" at Wikipedia
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - Chapter 10 (The Rogue Bludger)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Chapter 21 (Hermione's Secret)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 10 (Mayhem at the Ministry)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 22 (The Unexpected Task)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 28 (Flight of the Prince)