- "Yet more controversy in Patagonia: the outcome of the USA versus Jamaica clash is under investigation due to the sudden collapse of Kquewanda Bailey, the Jamaican Keeper, who toppled from her broom shortly before US Chaser Quentin Kowalski scored their ninth goal."
- —Ginny Potter, "USA VERSUS JAMAICA" (Daily Prophet, 16 May 2014)[src]
During the fourth match of the 427th Quidditch World Cup, USA versus Jamaica, Bailey unexpectedly toppled unconscious from her broomstick, just moments before US Chaser Quentin Kowalski scored a goal and US Seeker Darius Smackhammer caught the Snitch, resulting in a narrow victory for the United States. The convenient timing of Bailey's unconsciousness aroused suspicion of foul play, but the ICWQC later confirmed that Bailey was suffering from an infected Sasabonsam bite, sustained during the disastrous World Cup opening ceremony.
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- ↑ Viktor Krum, born 1976, was the oldest player at the 2014 Quidditch World Cup.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling - Daily Prophet: 16 May 2014 (1)
- ↑ Pottermore - New from J.K. Rowling - Daily Prophet: 16 May 2014 (2)