|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
|Knight with an arrow sticking out of his forehead|
- "They passed a group of gloomy nuns, a ragged man wearing chains, and the Fat Friar, a cheerful Hufflepuff ghost, who was talking to a knight with an arrow sticking out of his forehead. Harry wasn't surprised to see that the Bloody Baron, a gaunt, staring Slytherin ghost covered in silver bloodstains, was being given a wide berth by the other ghosts."
This individual was a knight and a wizard in his life, who died when he was shot by an arrow. He returned after his death as a ghost. On 31 October, 1992, he attended Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington's five-hundredth deathday party at Hogwarts Castle and engaged in conversation with the Fat Friar.
Behind the scenes
- It is unknown if this ghost resided at Hogwarts Castle or if he only came there to celebrate Sir Nicholas's Deathday. If the former is true, he may be intended to be the Black Knight, a ghost ultimately cut from the first book.
- It has also been speculated that he is the ghost of Harold II (1022—1066), the last Saxon king of England. Harold was defeated at the Battle of Hastings in 1066 by William the Conqueror when an arrow pierced his eye.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Appears as a ghost or a spirit)
- Pottermore (Appears as a ghost or a spirit)