|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
- Harry Potter: "Excuse me sir. Can you tell me where I might find Platform 9¾?"
- Station guard: "9¾? Think you're being funny do you?"
- — Harry, searching for Platform 9¾[src]
Harry Potter first met the station guard in 1991, while trying to find his way to Platform 9¾. When Harry mentioned the name of the platform, the guard thought Harry was mocking him, because, not being a wizard, he did not know it existed.
In 1992, Harry and Ron Weasley tried entering Platform 9¾, but were prevented from doing so as the entrance had been magically blocked by the House-elf Dobby. The station guard saw the two boys running into the wall and asked them what they were doing. Harry got away, telling him that the two lost control of their trolleys.
Behind the scenes
- The station guard was portrayed by Harry Taylor in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
- He originally appeared in the Epilogue scene at King's Cross station, but he was cut from the second shoot of the scene.
- The guard is also a playable character in the consoles versions of the LEGO video games.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7, despite being a Muggle he appears in Platform Nine and Three-Quarters and in the Hogsmeade station.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (Cut from final edit)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7