Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Keeper is a position in the Wizarding sport of Quidditch. There is one Keeper per team, and it is their job to guard the three goal posts attempting to stop the other team's Chasers from scoring. The keeper also wears the most protection than any other position, which includes a helmet, shoulder/chest pads and knee pads. This effectively makes them heavier than most of their other team-mates.
History of the Keeper
The position of the Keeper has existed since around the 13th century, although the role has changed somewhat over time. The Keeper was essentially a Chaser, with the added responsibilities of guarding the posts. However, with the addition of the scoring zone in 1620, Keepers generally kept inside this area in order to prevent the opposition from scoring. Keepers are only allowed out of this area to head off incoming Chasers.
Keepers are typically well-built and athletic players who usually stick close to the goal posts where they can deploy their defensive skills to their fullest capacity.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (video game)
- Quidditch Through the Ages
- Harry Potter: A Pop-Up Book
- LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World
- LEGO Harry Potter: Characters of the Magical World
- Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- Harry Potter for Kinect
- Harry Potter Trading Card Game
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter LEGO Sets
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
|Officials: Quidditch referee|
|Player positions: Beater • Chaser • Keeper • Seeker|
|Playing equipment: Beater's bat • Bludger • Broomstick • Golden Snitch • Quaffle|