6 June is the 157th day of the year (158th in leap years). There are 208 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1994: Sybill Trelawney foretells her second prophecy to Harry Potter during his Divination examination. Peter Pettigrew is exposed as Scabbers the rat and is cornered by Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. He escapes in the chaos that followed Remus transforming into a werewolf and Sirius protecting Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger in his Animagus form of a dog. Harry and Hermione then use Hermione's Time-Turner to rescue Sirius from the Dementor's Kiss and Buckbeak the Hippogriff from his scheduled execution at sundown. Sirius flies away to freedom on Buckbeak.
- 1996: Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and the rest of the fifth years start their O.W.L.s.
- 2014: 2014 Quidditch World Cup - BULGARIA VERSUS NORWAY Quarter-final: Bulgaria won 170* to 20, one of the biggest upsets of the tournament.
Behind the scenes
- 1963: Jason Isaacs, the actor who plays Lucius Malfoy, is born.
- 1994: In the third book and the film, a full moon appears on this date. However, in 1994, a full moon wouldn't have appeared in June yet - it did not happen until 23 June.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 16 (Professor Trelawney's Prediction) states "It is the decision of the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures that the Hippogriff Buckbeak, hereafter called the condemned, shall be executed on the sixth of June at sundown"
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Chapter 31 (O.W.L.s)
- ↑ List of full moon dates