30 June is the 181st day of the year (182nd in leap years). There are 184 days remaining until the end of the year.
- 1993: Ron Weasley attempts to telephone Harry Potter, but fails to understand the concept and instead shouts deafeningly into the receiver.
- 1997: Shortly after midnight, Harry and Dumbledore return to Hogwarts from a seaside cave where Voldemort kept one of his Horcruxes. Dumbledore is confronted by Draco Malfoy and Death Eaters atop the Astronomy Tower. A battle has ensued downstairs. Severus Snape kills Albus Dumbledore, on the latter's instruction. McGonagall and the Heads of House consider closing the school.
Behind the scenes
- 1962: Predrag Bjelac, the actor who played Igor Karkaroff in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, is born.
- 2009: The video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is released.
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Chapter 1 (Owl Post) states the event took place "five weeks" before Harry's birthday on July 31st. Five weeks before was around the 30th June
- ↑ According to Scrimgeour (and Hermione) in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Chapter 7 (The Will of Albus Dumbledore), the Ministry has the right to maintain possession of Dumbledore's bequests for thirty-one days only, in accordance with the Decree for Justifiable Confiscation. Dumbledore's bequests were delivered to Ron, Hermione and Harry on 31 July 1997: Harry Potter's seventeenth birthday. As it is referred in that chapter that the "thirty-one days are up", Dumbledore died exactly thirty-one days earlier, in the evening of 30 June