Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jones was a common British surname. As such, it is unknown if the following people were related, and, if they were, if the family was pure-blood, or had both Muggle and magical heritage. Megan Jones, at least, was a half-blood.
Known individuals with this surname
- Gwenog Jones — Beater and captain of the Holyhead Harpies Quidditch team
- Hestia Jones — member of the Order of the Phoenix
- Megan Jones — a Hufflepuff student in Harry Potter's year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
- Peter Jones — a Gryffindor student at Hogwarts
- Stuart Jones — a boy who lived in Millburn, Dorset
Jones is a patronymic surname of English and Welsh origin. It derives from Jon(e), a Middle English male given name, which itself derives from the male given name John. John ultimately derives from the Hebrew name Yochanan, meaning "God is gracious."
Jones is one of the most common surnames in the English-speaking world. It is the most common surname in Wales, where nearly 6% of the population bear it, and is the second most common surname in England after Smith. It was the fourth most common surname in the United States in 1990.