- Hermione Granger used this spell on Harry Potter while he was practicing the Shield Charm for the Third Task of the Triwizard Tournament.
- Vincent Crabbe was hit with this jinx, in combination with Furnunculus, by Harry and George Weasley, causing little tentacles to sprout all over his face.
Behind the scenes
- The Jelly-Legs Jinx seems to share some similarities with Tarantallegra, although the effects as described are slightly different; Tarantallegra makes the victim's legs thrash about uncontrollably, whereas this spell makes their legs shake.
- In the GBC video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, this spell is used to immobilize the opponent until they are hit with another spell.
- This may possibly be related to the Leg-Locker Curse.
- It is currently unknown whether this is a jinx or a curse, as it has been referred to as both.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Name only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- A Very Potter Musical (AVPM)
- A Very Potter Sequel (AVPS)
Notes and references
|Spells included in the book: Full Body-Bind Curse · Leg-Locker Curse · Jelly-Legs Curse · Pimple Jinx · Stickfast Hex · Tickling Hex · Tongue-Tying Curse · Hair Loss Curse|