Jason Isaacs (born 6 June, 1963) plays Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter films. Isaacs has appeared in as Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
Jason is currently married to BBC documentary filmmaker Emma Hewitt and has two daughters, Lily and Ruby.
Isaacs watched Tom Felton's performance as Draco Malfoy in the first film, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, in order to understand how he should play Draco's father. Isaacs is doing both voices of Leland Turbo and Siddeley in a Disney Pixar 2011 film, Cars 2. As well as Lucius Malfoy he has also played Ra's al Ghul, Satan and at one point Captain Hook
- Isaacs has been credited over sixty times in films and television shows alike as of the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 in 2010.
- He has also starred in twelve productions as himself.
- Isaacs appeared in Dragonheart in 1996 along with David Thewlis, who would eventually be cast in the Harry Potter films as Remus Lupin.
- He voices the character Admiral Zhao in Avatar: the Last Airbender series, playing an arrogant and proud man who, like Lucius, believes in the "superior race" and is very loyal to the main villain. He also appears as the villainous British colonel in the movie The Patriot.
- More recently, he provided the voice of Ra's al Ghul, a dangerous immortal terrorist and leader of the League of Assassins in the DC animated film, Batman: Under the Red Hood. The film was widely well-received by critics.
- He also voices a character in the 2005 video game Spartan: Total Warrior as Lucius Aelius Seianus (Sejanus) The Praetorian Prefect, cunning and completely amoral with no concerns other then his own power and ambition. Rumours of his knowledge of dark magic abound.
- He was caught attempting to take Lucius Malfoy's first wand from the set, but wouldn't say what he wanted it for.
- Jason's favourite line in the series is "Let us hope that Mister Potter will always be around to save the day." from the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- "I went off and read the books after the audition and I read all four books in one sitting - you know - didn't wash, didn't eat, drove around with them on the steering wheel like a lunatic. I suddenly understood why my friends, who I'd thought where slightly backward, had been so addicted to these children's books. They're like crack." - on Harry Potter.
- "Everytime I make a plan, God laughs at me."
- "Look, I play all these tough guys and thugs and strong, complex characters. In real life, I am a cringing, neurotic Jewish mess. Can't I for once play that on stage?"