Japan is an island country in Eastern Asia. Its capital is Tokyo.
Vernon Dursley once made a joke about Japanese golfers in an attempt to impress a possible buyer and his wife for his drill company named Mr. Mason. He gets very upset when Harry and the house-elf Dobby interrupt it by making too much noise upstairs.
Young witches and wizards in Japan attend the magical school Mahoutokoro. At this institution, wands made of cherry wood are especially prized, and those who own them hold a position of special honour.
Magical games and sports
They have a National Quidditch team.
- Noriyuki Sato (Male) (Chaser)
- Yoshihiro Suzuki (Male) (Chaser)
- Ryotaro Tanaka (Male) (Chaser) (Captain)
- Minaka Hirakata (Female) (Beater)
- Keiko Takahashi (Female) (Beater)
- Tamotsu Iwamoto (Male) (Keeper)
- Shizuka Watanabe (Female) (Seeker)
Japan's Team Special Move is known as The Tsunami, which involves a lot of spinning and has a bit of a Karate theme. First, Sato has the Quaffle with the Takahashi sisters flanking him, two of the opponents chasers and one beater scream, then Sato does a spinning trick (the sloth grip roll, maybe?) to avoid the screaming players, then Sato passes it to Tanaka, who passes it to Suzuki who kicks an opponent who then throws it to Tanaka who kicks it in, then Suzuki does a dance on his broom.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Mentioned in the word Japanese)
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (film) (Mentioned in the word Japanese)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter Page to Screen: The Complete Filmmaking Journey (Mentioned in the word Japanese)
- Pottermore (Mentioned only)