|James and Lily Potter's grave|
Godric's Hollow cemetery
- "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."
- —The message on the tombstone[src]
HistoryHarry Potter and Hermione Granger visited this grave on Christmas Eve in 1997, and conjured a wreath of roses to lay on the grave. The grave of Ignotus Peverell, the original owner of a Deathly Hallows (as well as an ancestor of James Potter), lay in the same graveyard, as did Dumbledore's mother Kendra and sister Ariana.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (video game)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Behind the Scenes
- The inscription on the Potters' gravestone is from 1 Corinthians 15:26 in the Bible, which discusses Christ defeating all enemies, the last being death itself.
- Rowling stated in 2007, "[But] I think those two particular quotations he [Harry] finds on the tombstones at Godric's Hollow, they sum up — they almost epitomise the whole series."