James is a given name that may refer to:
- James Killick, a wizard reported missing in 1997
- James Potter I, the father of Harry Potter
- James Potter II, the son of Harry Potter
- Harry Potter, whose full name is Harry James Potter.
- James Tuckett (I), a Hufflepuff student from at least 1993
- James Tuckett (II), a Hufflepuff student from 1996
Behind the scenes
Real-world individuals with the given name James include:
- James Currie, a British actor who will play the role of "Mudblood" in the upcoming film adaptations of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
- James Faulkner, voice actor for Severus Snape in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- James Payton, the actor who portrayed Frank Longbottom in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- James Phelps, the actor who has portrayed Fred Weasley in all of the Harry Potter films
- James Runcie, the director of J.K. Rowling: A Year in the Life