Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A jack-in-the-box is a Muggle and wizarding toy that outwardly consists of a box with a crank. When the crank is turned, it plays a melody, at the end of which the lid pops open and a figure, usually a clown or jester, pops out of the box.
Attack of the Ghoul
During the 1993–1994 school year, Draco Malfoy locked Neville Longbottom and a Ghoul inside the Muggle Studies Classroom. While searching for a way to get rid of the Ghoul, Ron Weasley came across a huge closed jack-in-the-box. Wondering what it was, Ron tried to open it, but its lid sprung open suddently, throwing Ron over an upper balustrade.
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
- Fred and George Weasley had jack-in-the-boxes for sale at their shop, Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, in 1996. There were some customers interested in them.
Behind the scenes
- In the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Parvati Patil's boggart is a giant snake, which she turns into a jack-in-the-box with Riddikulus. Some fans joke that it is actually scarier than the snake.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Handheld versions only)
- Harry Potter: The Creature Vault
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) - Neville and the Ghoul
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)