|"Is this all real? Or has this been happening inside my head?"
The subject of this article is of a real-life person, place, group, company, product, or creative work that has been mentioned "in-universe" in a canon source. The Harry Potter Wiki is written from the perspective that all information presented in canon is true (e.g., Hogwarts really exists), and, as such, details contained in this article may differ from real world facts.
- "Three things lay on the doormat: a postcard from Uncle Vernon's sister Marge, who was vacationing on the Isle of Wight, a brown envelope that looked like a bill, and -- a letter for Harry."
- —Aunt Marge sends a postcard from the Isle of Wight.
The Isle of Wight is an island county located about five miles off the south coast of the English mainland. In the summer of 1991, Marjorie Dursley went on vacation to the Isle, and sent a postcard from there to her brother's family, which arrived at the same time as Harry Potter's Hogwarts acceptance letter.
- It was here that Marjorie Dursley ate a 'funny whelk.'
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (film) (Appears on postcard)