|International Magical Trading Standards Body|
Deals with legislation regarding trading standards
- Percy Weasley: "A report for the Department of International Magical Cooperation. We're trying to standardize cauldron thickness. Some of these foreign imports are just a shade too thin — leakages have been increasing at a rate of almost three percent a year —"
- Ronald Weasley: "That'll change the world, that report will. Front page of the Daily Prophet, I expect, cauldron leaks."
- Percy Weasley: "You might sneer, Ron, but unless some sort of international law is imposed we might well find the market flooded with flimsy, shallow bottomed products that seriously endanger —"
- Ronald Weasley: "Yeah, yeah, all right."
- — Percy Weasley and Ronald Weasley on the former's work at the Department of International Magical Cooperation.[src]
The International Magical Trading Standards Body is an office in charge of overseeing and assessing trading practices within the wizarding world, as well as passing international legislation regarding trading standards. Judging from Percy Weasley's report on the standardization of the minimum thickness for imported cauldrons, this was where he was employed when he first joined the Ministry of Magic in 1994.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Mentioned only)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First identified as International Magical Trading Standards Body)
Notes and references