In or prior to 1993
Intermediate Transfiguration is a required textbook for third, fourth and fifth year Transfiguration students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. A copy of this textbook costs two galleons at the Flourish and Blotts Bookshop in Diagon Alley.
It is a red volume, with gold-gilded corners, and a decorative golden band holding it shut around the middle, held with a gleaming green pin that resembles an emerald.
- Animagi (possibly)
- Draconifors Spell (possibly)
- Lapifors (possibly)
- Owl to opera glasses
- Teapot to tortoise (possibly)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (First mentioned)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First appearance)
Notes and references
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Chapter Four - The Leaky Cauldron)
- ↑ Harry bought a copy of this for his third year, yet did not purchase a new transfiguration book for the next year and is not mentioned as using a different one.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Chapter Thirty-One - OWLs)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Pottermore
|Professors: Albus Dumbledore · Minerva McGonagall|
|Textbooks: A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration · Intermediate Transfiguration · A Guide to Advanced Transfiguration|
|Known practitioners: Emeric Switch · Circe · Falco Aesalon · Mirabella Plunkett · Thaddeus Thurkell ·|
|Transfiguration spells studied at Hogwarts: Chair to cat · Match to needle · Snail to Teapot · Teacup to Rat · Switching Spell · Transforming Spell · Avifors Spell · Mice to Snuffboxes · Beetle Buttons · Rabbit Slippers · Vera Verto · Teapot to tortoise · Draconifors Spell · Lapifors Spell · Vanishing Spell · Owl to opera glasses · Guinea fowl to guinea pig · Hedgehog to pincushion · Small Child to Rat · Meddling Man to Monkey · Crinus Muto|
|Branches of Transfiguration: Transformation · Vanishment · Conjuration · Untransfiguration|