- "What wouldn't he give to strike now, to jinx Dudley so thoroughly he'd have to crawl home like an insect, struck dumb, sprouting feelers..."
The Insect Jinx (Entomorphis) is a jinx that could be used to induce insect-like qualities upon a victim for a short period of time. It deprives them of their ability to speak, forcing them to crawl about and endowing them with feelers.
On 2 August, 1995, when Dudley Dursley bullied Harry Potter for his nightmares about the death of Cedric Diggory, Harry considered using the spell on Dudley, although the arrival of two Dementors prevented him from using it.
Behind the scenes
- This spell, which is incorrectly labelled as a hex in the medium, can be bought at Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment at Diagon Alley, in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (First described)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (First identified as Insect Jinx)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7