Adds to the Folio Bruti
- The prefix inform is English meaning "give someone facts or information"; the suffix us is also English, and is "used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other people as the object of a verb or preposition".
Behind the scenes
- The incantation can also be spelled "Informus", which better suits the etymology.
- It is unknown whether a magnifying glass actually hovers over the target when the spell is cast, or if this is perhaps merely to show the effects of the spell better.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game) (GBC version) (First appearance)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game) (GBA version)