Repels water and mist
The Impervius Charm (Impervius) was a charm that caused an artefact to become waterproof or allow someone better sight in bad weather conditions by preventing the rain from hitting their faces. The charm could also be used to repel mist.
- Alicia Spinnet
- Angelina Johnson
- Fred Weasley
- George Weasley
- Harry Potter
- Hermione Granger
- Katie Bell
- Ronald Weasley
Behind the scenes
- This does not have any effect on solid objects, as noted when Hermione Granger attempted to defend herself and her comrades against the cascading and burning treasures in the Lestrange Vault.
- The charm may also be related to the Imperturbable Charm, an enchantment used to completely block everything out of a given area for a certain period of time, including sound and presumably water.
- In the Harry Potter films and video games, Harry and other Quidditch players use Quidditch Goggles to protect their eyes instead.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Notes and references
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Chapter 9 (Grim Defeat)
- ↑ Scholastic Harry Potter Official Pronunciation Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Bloomsbury Glossary: I
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Chapter 18 (Dumbledore's Army)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Chapter 26 (Gringotts)