Imps make their home in marshland, where they indulge their slapstick sense of humour by pushing and tripping the unwary.
The Imp's diet consists mainly of insects. They also delight in pelting Wizard Crackers and other small projectiles at anybody that they wish to torment. Imp breeding habits are like the Pixie's, but their young hatch full formed.
While rather unthreatening, an Imp can nonetheless be dispatched rather easily by anyone, by throwing back Wizard Crackers that it throws, or using a Knockback Jinx to daze it, and then caging it, or throwing it into a Gnome hole.
Behind the scenes
- Imps are a creature originating from Germanic myth. Though their portrayal varies greatly, they are often seen as the mischievous familiars of witches or wizards.
- In the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, you encounter Imps within Ollivanders, where you must knock them out with the Knockback Jinx and throw them in a cage to trap them. You will have similar encounters with them in the remainder of the game and in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. They also appear in the video game adaptation of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, but instead of throwing them into a cage, they throw Wizard crackers, and you must kill them by throwing the Cracker back at them.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (video game)'
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (video game)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (video game)
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Notes and references
|Magical Creatures by classification|