|"Are you a wizard or not?"
The title of this article is conjectural. Although it is based on canonical information, the actual name is a conjecture and may be supplanted at any time by additional information released from canonical sources. If this occurs, please move this page to the appropriate title.
Igor Karkaroff's aide (b. prior to October 1977) was a student who attended Durmstrang Institute during the mid-1990s and served as the aide of former Headmaster Igor Karkaroff during the time of the Triwizard Tournament.
He submitted his name to the Goblet of Fire, but Viktor Krum was chosen over him. He shared a dance with Parvati Patil at the Yule Ball in 1994. He sat between Viktor Krum and Parvati Patil when Albus Dumbledore informed the students about the cause of the death of Cedric Diggory in the Great Hall at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
He had oily jet black hair, hazel eyes, a hooked nose, high cheekbones, a moustache, and facial hair on his chin and jawline.
Behind the scenes
- Karkaroff's Aide was portrayed by Tolga Safer in the film adaptation of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Tolga Safer auditioned for the role of Viktor Krum but did not get the part, mainly because he did not look like the character. Mike Newell, the director, was so impressed with Tolga's acting that he made the role of Karkaroff's Aide especially for him.
- At least on occasion during filming, Tolga hung out with Stanislav Ianevski, doing card tricks among other means of killing time. This can be seen on the bonus DVD for the film.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, this character may have been made more generic, being simply called "Durmstrang Student".
- It is possible that this individual is Poliakoff. However, this individual is trusted by Karkaroff, whereas Poliakoff is regarded by him as a "disgusting child" so this in highly unlikely.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Possible appearance)
- Harry Potter: The Character Vault
Notes and references
- ↑ Based on the fact that Durmstrang does not admit Muggle-borns.
- ↑ He replaced the unidentified Beauxbatons boy in the film version of Goblet of Fire because Beauxbatons is depicted as an all-girl school and Durmstrang as an all-boys school.
- ↑ This character was only made for the film, but it is likely that he appeared in the book as an totally ordinary student.
- ↑ A Durmstrang student was playable in the game