Ignatius Prewett was a pure-blood wizard who married Lucretia Black. He was an uncle by blood of Fabian and Gideon Prewett, as well as their sister Molly, and an uncle by marriage of Sirius and Regulus Black. Ignatius and his wife Lucretia did not have any children.
Given that Molly gave her third son Percy the middle name "Ignatius", presumably in honour of her uncle, it is likely that she and Ignatius were close.
Behind the scenes
- Ignatius is a Roman name altered from its original Etruscan to resemble the Latin ignis, "fire". It was the name of several saints, including the founder of the Jesuits.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film) (Appears on Black family tapestry)
Notes and references
- ↑ Lucretia was not disowned for marrying him, so he must be a Pure-blood, as that is all the Black's accepted.
- ↑ Black Family tree
- ↑ Sirius Black stated in Ch. 6 of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix that Molly Weasley was his "cousin by marriage". This means that Ignatius could not have been Molly, Fabian, and Gideon's father, as this would have made them first cousins by blood of Sirius. Ignatius was Sirius's uncle by marriage, and if Molly was his niece, this could explain Sirius's comment. See this article's talk page for more information.
- ↑ Behind the Name: Ignatius